Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blessed by Worship

I'm not a crier, but I have to be honest-worship this Sunday brought tears to my eyes.  Not because of conviction (though maybe I needed that, too), but because of companionship.

Frankly, "worship music" isn't really my thing.  I don't like loud music and crowded concert spaces.  I have a lot of it on my computer, but I rarely listen to it.  No fault to the musicians, but that's just not how I like to connect with God.

That aside, I love, love LOVE worship at my church.  We play a lot of the same "popular" songs, and even though we have some GREAT musicians, let's face it, the sound isn't the most amazing you'll ever hear (it's ok I can say this, I'm part of the band, too!).  I think the difference is the relationship.  I know all of you.  I've seen you walk through hard stuff and still come out strong.  I know that when you sing "My life is yours" that you mean it, and I can say amen with you.

At Hosanna I was completely overwhelmed with how much I love being in a community that is "One in heart and mind."  I'm so blessed by the strength and sincerity of those who lead worship at King of Love.  I wish I had a recording to take with me.  I would listen it (even a crappy one) every day in Cairo.  I know the passion in your voices is lived out in your lives and it encourages me more than I can say.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment