Friday, October 21, 2011

Snapshots

Life is always changing, one thing rolling to the next, little by little taking you someplace new.  Sometimes all I can do is think about the next "big" thing, and I forget what I love so much about now.  So here's to now, and the things I won't always have.

I love Ypsilanti - really.
I love living close to Ann Arbor.
I love my tiny apartment.
I love being surrounded by so many people who love me.
I love having such an accessible mission field.
I love living minutes away from Noelle.  I really take that for granted.
I love that I can see the seasons changing.
I love being able to wear shorts in the summer, and that I can tan in less than shorts in my backyard.
I love being 1.5 hours away from [most] of my family.
I love not having a lot of money-it's so much easier to appreciate things.
I love playing scrabble with my husband.
I love not having children [one day I know I will love having children, but right now I'm happy I don't].
I love living down the road from Trader Joe's.
I love jogging in the morning with Eliot through Frog Island Park.
I love my old car-it reminds me of God's faithfulness.
I love my IV peeps-so much.
I love that my neighbors are from all over the place.
I love the slow pace of life right now.
I love that all of this will change...and I love that I am in God's steady hands.

1 comment: